- Devil’s Flower Mantis - one of the largest types of praying mantis, they can measure up to 13 centimeters in length and have a range of coloring that allows them to mimic the Devil’s Flower, a type of orchid.
- Pipevine Swallowtail Caterpillar - before transforming into a beautiful fluorescent blue butterfly, its an armored, blood-red caterpillar with tinted visor shades for eyes and a quadruple row of blunt horns running across its body.
- Scorpionfly (Mecoptera) - neither scorpion or fly, what looks like a scorpion’s stinger on the insect is actually its genitals.
- Calleta Silkmoth Caterpillar - with a massive color range and dangerous looking barbs, this caterpillar is something most predators avoid.
- Giant Prickly Stick Insect (Extatosoma tiaratum) - as the largest known stick insect, it reaches lengths of 20 centimeters. It is covered with large thorny spikes which double as camouflage and defensive armor.
- Goliath Beetle - can grow more than 4 inches in length and weigh about 100 grams in their larval stage. It is alleged to be mostly vegetarian.
The Women of Marvel by Bruce Timm.
MATT FRACTION (W) • MICHAEL ALLRED (A/C)
• They’ve handled media mockery, crippling self-doubt, kidnapping, and the greatest fiends the Negative Zone could throw at them — but can the FF handle… THE SPOOKY KIDS?
• SHIVER! As they write the names of weird bands you’ve never heard of ALL OVER their desktops!
• QUAKE! As they use strange “slang” to hide their true conversations! What are they talking about? Could be… ANYTHING.
• RECOIL! At their monstrous cell phone data plan bills every month. Seriously you have NO IDEA how much these kids use their phones.
• The generation gap has come for the Future Foundation… BREAK OUT THE BLACK NAIL POLISH!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99